Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Joke Behind The Tears That Fell.

Who are we kidding,
I am just a kid.
With nothing to lose,
and nothing to give.
But please,
leave my memory alone,
I cant see another man's tongue down your throat.
I cant see another man's arm by your side.
Call it immature
I call it pride.
I call it pride.
Give me just this.
After all I am just a kid.
Who am I kidding,
thats all a lie,
I am a man,
indeed full of pride.
If its another man you want, then go right ahead.
Nothing is stopping you, replace me in bed.
Replace me with clothes
Replace me with shoes,
He will never look as good as I do.
Because I am a man, who grew from a boy,
I know what pain is,
and I'm not a toy.
Who are you kidding,
You know the truth,
We both play hard to get,
a tango takes two,
we are moving on,
a new day's anew.
Yet my heart is still broken,
damned as a fool.
for no one but you
for no one but you
for no one,
but you
insist on him too.


I was once sweet to you.
I am the same flavor
but your palette has changed.
it's all you can handle,
or so you say.

"Who am I kidding,
I am just a kid
jealous of your ability
to have someone to kiss."


No comments: